Categories
Uncategorized

Brian Joubert / saison 2013-2014

Lothi
season 2013-2014
history that one distinguishes the years, I make a special topic for that which has just started …

meeting between Brian and the readers of the NR:
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/All… rs-1672898

it will be noted that Brian maintains that his skateboarding package at America is a penalty, and that he types abraracourcix on DTN (more than on the federation) – and that, deep down, he looks really calm.

# 2 03-11-2013 10:54
Anne Marie
Re: 2013-2014 season
article on Brian on 03/11/2013: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Tout… ce-1673142
I like his projects:
– end of the solo career after the Olympic Games
– galas with Evgueni Plushenko in Russia. There are forty and they will take place after Sochi.
– a possible career in couple competitions with the Italian Valentina Marchei. … with a view to participating in the 2018 Olympic Games
– creation of an ice school in Poitiers within 5 years.
but I remain skeptical about pair skating, but why not, we must try anyway afterwards Sochi (because there are still couple specificities to assimilate), they are very good individually and it should work …

Last edited by Anne-Marie (03-11-2013 11:02)

# 3 03-11-2013 11:51
Lothi
very interesting interview.
on couple projects, I’m a little perplexed, at the same time I tell myself that Brian wouldn’t talk about it so openly if he didn’t already have a clear idea of ​​what they can do together. we’ll see … and the idea of ​​seeing it again for the 5th OJ, wow !!!

he confirms what he has already said about Turin and Vancouver.

and his point of view on the new system pretty much matches mine.

# 4 03-11-2013 13:38
Marinne
Very nice interview, what I remember is that he seems very serene, light years from his “pre-Vancouver” behavior.

# 5 03-11-2013 18:34
Lothi
in the interview, he says that he can aim for a bronze medal at the Olympic Games, but that there are ten in this case … I wonder if he is not below the truth as for the potential medalists …

Chan
Hanyu
Ten
Fernandez
the 2 other Japanese whatever they are (Machida, Takahashi, Oda, Kozuka, Mura, are all able to beat those who will follow smile
Han Yan
Kovtun (or Plushi, if the Russian Federation sends him) rather, because if she does that, it is because he is a medalist)
Verner, resurrected
Brian
Florent if what we have seen so far is not indicative of what he will do at the Olympics
Rippon if holds the season and goes to the Olympics (2nd in Skate America),and anyway the two Americans whoever they are
Brezina

I arrive at 14 …

Well, in the lot some are less expected than others, but all have the potential to beat the others (unless the first 4 cities skate all 4 at their highest level , in which case they are unbeatable, and the others will fight for places 5 to 14, which is just unimaginable).

# 6 03-11-2013 20:23
Anne Marie
in the 10 medal winners “for the bronze” there are the following possible skaters minus 2! (because it is necessary to remove the gold and the silver)
I would put Chan Reynolds Ten Fernandez 3 Japanese between Hanyu Machida Oda Takahashi
1 only Russian between Plushenko , Gachinsky, Kovtun
Verner? Brezina? Amodio? Rippon? Brian?
there is no success without work, donations, luck are not enough
where you have to prepare quantitatively and qualitatively in the spirit of what is required to be well rated, repeat the 2 programs regularly in full , working on specific points apart (choreographic piece, steps, pirouettes …) not having a mood, not dissolving in speculation, preserving one’s health …
no one is unbeatable, and you could see a rabbit hat up!
in the meantime I can’t wait to see the Russian Cup!

Last edited by Anne-Marie (03-11-2013 22:46)

# 7 03-11-2013 21:33
Lothi
there will only be one russian at the Olympics!

# 8 05-11-2013 12:52
Anne Marie
this 05/11/2013 http://www.francetvsport.fr/brian-joube… -jo-186780

# 9 07-11-2013 18:30
Anne Marie
two articles on Brian’s participation, on November 30, 2013, at the inauguration of the Christmas ice rink in Eperney, capital of champagne during the Christmas Fairies http://www.visiter-la-champagne.com/en/… nvNwPldCSo
and there is one very funny http://www.ambiance-noel.fr/marches-de-… nay-1949_M because it reads “An outdoor ice rink will be installed on place Hugues Plomb, singer Brian Joubert will make its appearance on Saturday November 30 at the time of the inauguration of the ice rink “, yes you read the” singer “!

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 07-11-2013 18:33)

# 10 11-11-2013 19:03
Anne Marie
but before, there will be the opening of the Poitiers ice rink to the public this Saturday, November 16, in the presence of who you know !!!! http://www.poitiers.fr/c__66_408__Patinoire.html

# 11 11-11-2013 08:44
Anne Marie
Didier Gailhaguet’s visit to the Poitiers skating rink on 12/11/2013: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vien… rt-1685761 :
– a skating rink with high-level facilities, where training courses could take place training of the French Team
– a question mark about Brian’s participation in the Russian Cup, due to his state of form and preparation
– another question mark about Brian’s Olympic chances.
====
You are challenged, Gladiator!
====
I was wondering if Brian could not participate in the Bompard Trophy Gala, present his new short program?

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 11/13/2013 9:05 AM

# 12 11-11-2013 20:35
Lothi
ANNE-MARIE WROTE:
Didier Gailhaguet’s visit to the Poitiers skating rink on 12/11/2013: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vien… rt-1685761 :
– a skating rink with high-level facilities, where training courses could take place training of the French Team
– a question mark about Brian’s participation in the Russian Cup, due to his state of form and preparation
– another question mark about Brian’s Olympic chances.
====
You are challenged, Gladiator!
====
I was wondering if Brian could not participate in the Bompard Trophy Gala, present his new short program?

Gailhaguet envisions Brian not making the Russian Cup either?
but he intends that he shows them when in competition, his programs? Takahashi did a bad Skate America, it doesn’t make his season worse. must stop there. Brian needs competition.

in addition, it did not bother the federation to send Florent to be laminated in China – a big trip, in addition, with fatigue etc., for nothing if we consider that we should not show up “no on point”.

Brian is full of faults, ok; but couldn’t we leave him alone for his last season? considering that in addition the possible succession with Romain and Chafik is out of play for this season (Romain it is official; Chafik is for the moment fixed price only with GP, certainly),
the judges are not expecting Brian anyway; at worst, if it crashes in GP, ​​it has no consequence, it can only surprise them positively at the EC and the Olympics. at best, he succeeds in his GP and he tips the scales in his favor. Brian’s rating is currently at the highest, we understand the idea of ​​Gailhaguer not to risk going to give a bad impression. but in the current context … In addition, Brian likes to skate in Russia, where he is always welcomed.

Last edited by Lothi (11-13-2013 8:59 PM)

# 13 11-14-2013 08:54
Anne Marie
Florent is much younger than Brian with less leg competition …

note: Plushenko will not skate at the Russian Cup, normal since he has resumed training recently, plus his operation, a test at the Volvo Cup … in my opinion we will only see it at the CE. From where it would be worth it for BJ to go to Moscow …
But for Brian, the question is different, it is not a question of injuries but of a delay in its preparation (I doubt that it is an information diversion but reality) the overriding question is where Brian is in his training.
Sochi is in 3 months, there is the national championship and the CE.

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 11/14/2013 8:56 AM

# 14 11-11-2013 09:17
Lothi
I think Brian is not ready, sure. But I do not see the point of “depriving” him (because obviously he wants to do these competitions) of competition, since in any case his image with the judges is already mixed. it will put his programs in real conditions in his legs, it will calibrate him against opponents he is supposed to be able to beat (the plateau of the GP of Moscow is not very high, only Machida seems to me in the current state things above the other participants), it will allow him to have fun with the audience who adores him – and that has always been a driving force for Brian.

The case of Plushenko seems to me different, because I think that there are many doubts about his return, and that showing himself to be in bad shape would indeed be counterproductive. And his body is much more worn than Brian’s.

Finally, on the fact that Florent has fewer competitions than Brian: obviously, but on the scale of the season, Brian has not rubbed anyone yet, has not re-tasted the stress of judgment, and in particular the judgment of new programs (new for the short, probably improved for the long). I find it harmful.

# 15 15-11-2013 21:52
Maïlys
My remark will not be very constructive, but too bad, I need to let off steam a little compared to what happens to Brian.
It’s his last season, let the federation leave him alone, they forget qd mm a little easily all that Brian has brought to French skating.
It pleases the public, let it live !! What will it change now? And anyway the arriving skaters are not yet quite the level, so please, LEAVE IT QUIET, and let us savor this last season !!
(just knowing that the closed forum makes me sad and already nostalgic).
In short, non-constructive remark, excuse me, but I’m fed up with this relentlessness. If Brian was 20 years old and was the future leader of French male skating ok, but there he goes, it’s too sadism on the part of the federation this behavior.

Last edited by Maïlys on 11/15/2013 9:56 PM

# 16 11-15-2013 22:07
Anne Marie
I can’t wait to see Brian competing, but in good shape and able to shine …

# 17 11-11-2013 22:24
Lothi
yeah … I still don’t understand the point of not having him compete.
everyone knows that his chances of a medal at the Olympic Games are low, like those of many other skaters. it will not burn anything by presenting itself in GP, ​​even if it picks up.
it deprives him of the applause of his fans for his last season, it deprives him of “warming up” with the big deadlines, it makes everyone moan and it will bring him nothing.

I would like him to make a jubilee, one day like Yann Cucherat does in the gym tomorrow:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Gymnastique/Actua… rat / 417214
(moreover, he invites skaters, Yann Cucherat …)

# 18 16-11-2013 08:15
Anne Marie
article on Yann Cucherat very moving, I also remember that he remained competitive until an “advanced” age in a very demanding sport.
For Brian, if there is a change of free program or reshuffle, and if it was done late, therefore not assimilated, not ready, it is useless to appear in Moscow, even if he is capable with his experience to get by honorably. Other skaters are already ready. And the Olympics is in 3 months! Let’s wait for the French championship. It would be nice if he could make the European podium and at the top.

# 19 11-11-2013 09:32
Marinne
The newspaper L’Equipe confirms that this is a brand new program on the Aranjuez Concerto with Laury May. The article nevertheless specifies that he would participate in a competition in Dortmund a week before the French championships.

Last edited by Marinne (11/16/2013 9:38 AM)

# 20 11-11-2013 10:09
Lothi
MARINNE WROTE:
The newspaper L’Equipe confirms that this is a brand new program on the Aranjuez Concerto with Laury May. The article nevertheless specifies that he would participate in a competition in Dortmund a week before the French championships.

the Concerto d’Aranjuez is a magnificent work. But it’s Chan’s free music in 2012; Joannie Rochette also skated on it.
I am very surprised by this change of program – and unlike Anne-Marie, I think the urgent thing is to show it in international competition to be able to possibly adapt it to the wishes of the judges, exactly as Nath and Fabian on their court between their two GPs.

# 21 16-11-2013 10:13
Marinne
He needs competition, he must know what his two programs are worth on the international scene. There is no point in locking her up in Poitiers to “refine” them. Do you realize that his last competition was the world team championship in mid April and the last gala in August? I may seem very upset (I am), but he must come out of his thin hole !!!

Last edited by Marinne (11-16-2013 10:14 AM)

# 22 11-16-2013 13:08
Lothi
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vien… me-1689585

the package is not yet confirmed, it seems. and on this one, the physical glitch seems real.
I literally strangled myself when I read that it was last week that he changed his program … OK last year he started Gladiator even later, but there, it seems very very surprising and quite disturbing to me.
let him have fun, jump, let him not take the lead!

# 23 16-11-2013 13:54
Marinne
LOTHI WROTE:
http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vienne/Sport/Courses-a-Pied/Courses-a-pied/n/Contenus/Articles/2013/11/16/Joubert-possible-forfait-et-nouveau-programme- 1689585

the package is not yet confirmed, it seems. and on this one, the physical glitch seems real.
I literally strangled myself when I read that it was last week that he changed his program … OK last year he started Gladiator even later, but there, it seems very very surprising and quite disturbing to me.
let him have fun, jump, let him not take the lead!

There are two of us who almost choked!
Besides, I am not convinced by this choice of music …

Last edited by Marinne (11-16-2013 1:55 PM)

# 24 16-11-2013 14:01
Lothi
MARINNE WROTE:

me neither, but hey … The music itself is very beautiful. But:
1 ° it’s rehearsed, at least the 2nd movement.
2 ° it is not the kind of music that suits Brian.

wait and see, but here I am starting to get really mad (and, as the Team said, the year is crucial to hope to continue to see skating on TV: now, the best way is that the French shine, especially at the Olympics. It’s badly crossed, good people).

# 25 16-11-2013 14:05
Marinne
LOTHI WROTE:
MARINNE WROTE:

me neither, but hey … The music itself is very beautiful. But:
1 ° it’s rehearsed, at least the 2nd movement.
2 ° it is not the kind of music that suits Brian.

wait and see, but here I am starting to get really mad (and, as the Team said, the year is crucial to hope to continue to see skating on TV: now, the best way is that the French shine, especially at the Olympics. It’s badly crossed, good people).

We agree, and we are also in the same state of mind!
When will all of this be formalized? It still gives the impression that Brian would like to go there (as Alban Préaubert said yesterday), but that the federation prevents him … because he surely has a bad back OK, that’s bad recurring at home, but a good slap in the Russian Cup would not hurt him either, or a good surprise …

In all, I who found him very serene in his declarations lately, I admit to being almost disillusioned that he falls back into his errors of program changes during the season when Gladiator was going very well and that above all it is excellently well noted in component above. The judges, and the majority of the public prefer it in programs where it is more “exteriorized” and in which it can communicate with the spectators … and on Aranjuez, that seems complicated to me.

The only positive point in all this is that Brian seems to me very sharp, look at this report shot this week, it is thick like a green bean! wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoTtbjm4pEA

Last edited by Marinne (11/16/2013 2:10 p.m.)