Uncategorized

Brian Joubert / Jo Sotchi 2014

Anne Marie
Jo Sochi 2014
the official site http://www.sochi2014.com/fr/
the skating prices:
http://tickets.sochi2014.com/sochi2014. … Liate = ORPP
currently 100 euros is 3700 rubles or 100 rubles = 2.70 €

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 06/03/2013 11:09)

# 2 06-03-2013 12:03
Vincent
Re: Jo Sochi 2014
Thank you for this info Anne-Marie!

But, on reflection, I think I will follow the competition warm in front of my TV …

Russian is not for me! LOL

smile

Quite Nelson!

# 3 03-17-2013 21:43
klamp
Can we start talking about preparing skaters here? In order not to clutter up the other topics, so on that of Brian’s interviews, I am continuing the discussion here, you don’t mind ^^

klamp wrote:

For comparison, Yagudin and Lysaceck had started when their preparation?

Lysacek’s preparations were made just after the tour in South Korea, during May and maximum in early June.
This will be the only way for Brian to shine next January at the Olympics. He will have to ensure several points:

– Having a program and a safe and certain music for the short and the free from April-May
– Starting the land from May with strict diet
– Having the choreography of his programs maximum in July
– Participating in a maximum of international competitions to show its program
– Have a fixed trainer + a choreographer + a training place from May.

I agree with Anne Marie, July is clearly too late knowing that he has to put together a short program, that he is not sure and certain to keep Gladiator (we are talking about Inception) and that at 29 years it takes a lot more work to physically hold

Last modification by jipé-33 (Today 12:23)

It is doable but in terms of discipline, will he stick to it? Someone of his staff would he have the good idea to harp on these points with regard to the preparation of former champions ?! Besides, who is currently part of Brian’s staff? I think he must continue on his good streak with his current coach even if he surrounds himself with good choreographers or other “technicians”.
I know that CMs are not the Olympic Games but it is still comparable: when did Yuna Kim resume training exactly to get an idea? Knowing that she is still young (+ endurance) and no doubt she is more driven by the patriotic challenges of her small country, she was all the more motivated * I do not criticize the patriotism of our skaters but in Korea vs’

# 4 18-03-2013 11:01
Anne Marie
Did Yu Na Kim stop training? surely not ! then she had to intensify her preparation … she was 2nd at the 2011 CM but, if she did not participate in the 2012 CM, she still had prepared 3 programs with her appointed choreographer David Wilson.

Last edited by Anne-Marie (03/18/2013 11:10 am)

# 5 03-18-2013 11:04 AM
Anne Marie
OK Klamp, let’s stay on this topic to talk about the preparation of skaters for the 2014 Olympics.

I largely share the program concocted by Jipé-33 … the latest results show that preparing in a hurry will not be enough to compete with the best, including the youngest.
– I don’t know about Yagudin, but in my opinion, he started much earlier than July, and he had a continuous general physical preparation … he was already on top in the years preceding the 2002 Olympics ( http: // www .isuresults.com / bios / isufs_cr_00000254.htm ) because he was either champion or vice-champion at the CE and CM. Besides Yagudin said that Brian’s problem was his preparation …
for Lysacek, it started in May … also note that the association with Franck Carol and the choreographer Lori Nicol, well aware of the requirements of the regulations, paid in his favor (note see the evolution of Denis Ten with the same coach and choreographer!).

– YES for a specific sports diet.

– BUT !!! QUESTION OF TIMING:
– the LAND is in CONTINUOUS conversation, all year round with less intense phases to recover and immerse your head in something else, therefore maintain physical condition without ruining your health: endurance to maintain a long program with all its difficulties without weakening at the end, quality of the steps, pirouettes, stability on jumps in shortened jump preparation sequences (transitions).
– The choice of MUSIC and CHOREOGRAPHY can intervene at any time and the EARLIER is the best, in any case they must suit Brian’s style otherwise we will still witness a change of program. Why not a new short program and a GLADIATOR redesigned, revised and corrected?
The technical content, including steps, transitions and pirouettes, must take into account what the judges are asking for. The choice of single or combined jumps must take into account their point value, their placement in the program (+ 10% bonus in the 2nd half), while of course taking Brian’s abilities into account. But he knows it, the whole thing is to apply it!
– THEREFORE PROVIDE, NOW, if not already done, a training place, a trainer and a choreographer.

– BUT the SHORT PROGRAM must optimize the points: garner as many points as possible from the short program like Chan, who won the CM thanks to the short program.

– NO NO NO: especially not to multiply the international competitions because it would be exhausting, and it would arrive flat on the big day when it is necessary to be as fresh as possible, therefore to be limited to the strictly necessary … BUT Brian will do some GALAS , it would be wise for him to be able to gradually prowl his new short program there.

# 6 03-22-2013 13:48
Anne Marie
planning and price of OJ skating places
in ROUBLES. in France you have to go through Eventeam
http://tickets.sochi2014.com/sochi2014. … Iliate = ORP
Team Men Short Program / Team Pairs Short Program
06. Feb 7:30 PM
Figure Skating mixed Team Men Short Program / Team Pairs Short Program venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 15,000
B – 8,000
C – 4,000
D – 1,500

Team Ice Dance Short Dance / Team Ladies Short Program / Team Pairs Free Skating
08. Feb 6:30 PM
Figure Skating mixed Team Ice Dance Short Dance / Team Ladies Short Program / Team Pairs Free Skating venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 15,000
B – 8,000
C – 4,000
D – 1,500

Team Men Free Skating / Team Ladies Free Skating / Team Ice Dance Free Dance
09. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating mixed Team Men Free Skating / Team Ladies Free Skating / Team Ice Dance Free Dance
A – 20,000
B – 12,000
C – 6,000
D – 2,500

Pairs Short Program
11. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating mixed Pairs Short Program venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 18,000
B – 9,000
C – 4,500
D – 2,000

Pairs Free Skating
12. Feb 7:45 PM
Figure Skating mixed Pairs Free Skating medal event venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 20,000
B – 12,000
C – 6,500
D – 3,000

Short Program
13. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating male Short Program venue Iceberg Skating Palace A – 18,000
B – 9,000
C – 4,500
D – 2,000

Free Skating
14. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating male Free Skating medal event venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 20,000
B – 12,000
C – 6,500
D – 3,000

Ice Dance Short Dance
16. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating mixed Ice Dance Short Dance venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 18,000
B – 9,000
C – 4,500
D – 2,000

Ice Dance Free Dance
17. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating mixed Ice Dance Free Dance medal event venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 20,000
B – 12,000
C – 6,500
D – 3,000

Short Program
19. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating female Short Program venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 18,000
B – 9,000
C – 4,500
D – 2,000

Free Skating
20. Feb 7:00 PM
Figure Skating female Free Skating medal event venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 20,000
B – 12,000
C – 6,500
D – 3,000

Gala Exhibition
22. Feb 8:30 PM
Figure Skating mixed Gala Exhibition venue Iceberg Skating Palace
A – 23,000
B – 14,000
C – 8,000
D – 4,500

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 03/22/2013 13:52)

# 7 03-23-2013 16:57
jiped-33
Indeed Anne Marie, when I propose to multiply the competitions it is not to finish at the Olympics exhausted 😉 But it is to gain strength and especially to show her program to international judges. Brian has missed too many competitions in the past 3 years.

It seems to me that it takes a ramp-up program to be at the top in January next year. And at least do the masters, the TEB and another grand prize trophy. I think (and maybe wrongly) that a lack of competition is not good for a skater. You just have to see what happened with Péchalat Bourzat.
Afterwards, it obviously does not have to start its energy and its progression curve.

# 8 03-22-2013 17:39
Anne Marie
it seems that Adrian Schulteiss still has a problem on the back, he hopes to return to the competition (we too) but: http://adrianschultheiss.com/news/12_13/march/05.html

# 9 03-22-2013 18:36
Marinne
I also really like the atypical Adrian Schultheiss, I hope he will return to his best level. It is missing on the circuit it is undeniable.

# 10 03-28-2013 13:53
Anne Marie
For the purchase of dry tickets, the website www.billetterie-eventeam.fr will open in the next few hours .
Eventeam had already been accredited for the 2012 London Olympics.

# 11 09-04-2013 08:44
Anne Marie
an intervention by Evan Lysacek who expects to return to Olympic competition at the top level
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lysacek-ex… –spt.html
In summary, he certainly lacks competitions, but he feels mentally strong, he likes training, and he intends to put quad toe loop ..
To be continued … but I do not think he is redoing a podium

# 12 09-04-2013 18:12
Anne Marie
an interview with Mae Berenice Meité:
ambitious, she wants her ticket for Sochi,
and she starts training for the next season soon after the World Team Trophy
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. … Y = ice_news

# 13 04-04-2013 09:30
Anne Marie
other ambitions for Sochi: Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat
http://franceolympique.com/article.phtml?id=4116
they take stock of the past season, the reasons for their withdrawal from the WTT, Fabian’s injury …
and they too will prepare for the Olympics 2013 at the end of April!
final of the article:
“Sochi is now!”
Our objective is clear: to obtain a medal in Sochi.
We know the ingredients that will have to be put in place: determination, experience, the desire to come back stronger, artistic ideas, technical insurance, a team (off and on ice) that ensures, a federation that supports and above all the passion we have for this sport.
We stay the course. Nothing will stop us. We get back to work. At the end of the month, we will be mounting our two new programs in Paris with our choreographers…

Last edited by Anne-Marie (10-04-2013 09:32)

# 14 16-04-2013 08:49
Anne Marie
other skaters who are starting their preparation for Sochi this month:
the American couple Caydee Denney and John Coughlin
twice American champion John Coughlin injured his left hip last fall, he chose to undergo surgery in December, obscuring the 2012/2013 season to be able to participate in the Olympic Games. Coughlin is in great shape and has resumed training without any problem.
They are working on their new programs, and are considering a new look.
Short program: on the film Anastasia with an addition to the piano
Free program: on the film Casablanca
Choreographies: Canadian Julie Marcotte (the choruses are already ready!)

# 15 16-04-2013 14:03
Marinne
There will be a Stars on Ice tour in 2014, it’s confirmed. The presentation will take place this evening in Bercy. Yessss!

Last edited by Marinne (16-04-2013 14:05)

# 16 23-04-2013 10:49
Anne Marie
some announcements of programs in the male category

– Patrick Chan, short prog from last season on Rachmaninoff, he is working on a new free with David Wilson

– Jeremy Abbott resumes his old free prog on Muse, Robin Cousins ​​choreographs his new short program.

– Adam Rippon’s free program on the Afternoon of a Faun, by Debussy, choreography Tom Dickson

– Nobunari Oda: free program on the opening of William Tell by Rossini, gala on Le Dernier samourai “choreographies by Lori Nichol.

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 07/13/2013 5:59 p.m.

# 17 04-04-2013 10:43
Anne Marie
Gachinski: new free program on “Anna Karenina”
Rippon has already prepared and tested his new free, skated at the Val gardenia Spring trophy in early April 2013, and surely in a non-final version: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v = FCTyBccNC1w
Aaron: new short on Smile Perlmann version

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 26-04-2013 10:44)

# 18 04-27-2013 10:55
Anne Marie
Florent Amodio is recovering from his back injury, he will continue his therapy and physically prepare for the season, while strengthening the muscles of his back.
He will join the Morozov group and will benefit in May from the advice of Stéphane Lambiel. He plans to place 3 quads, in any case minimum 2, in his free program.
http://www.morozov-team.com/article/96.html

# 19 04-28-2013 11:10
Lothi
it’s starting to make him laugh, all these skaters who announce that they will place 3 quads in their free.
For the moment, “in real life”, there was only Brian a long time ago, Fernandez last year, Reynolds I think and … I do not know who.
Florent spent his first quad in competition this year.
It’s good that he is ambitious – even if for that I would have preferred him to leave Morozov and see Lambiel for more than 5 days … – but the big declarations the year of the Olympics, it reminds me too much of Brian.

# 20 29-04-2013 12:30
Maïlys
Don’t you think Morozov is “up to the task”, that he can make Florent’s hopes come true?

# 21 04-29-2013 19:03
Anne Marie
already ensuring 2 quads in a free program, it’s fine, the skater to judge if he makes a 3rd, but then no hesitation in setting up and gaining momentum

LOTHI WROTE:
For the moment, “in real life”, there was only Brian a long time ago, Fernandez last year, Reynolds I think and … I do not know who.

3 quads in the same program: from memory, the first was Timothy Goebel in 1999 at Skate America !! Brian at an ISU Grand Prize in Moscow in 2006, Fernandez and Reynolds during the 2012/2013 season. Reynolds has already succeeded, like Plushenko, the combination 4 + 3 + 3
good summary on quads:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad_%28figure_skating%29

Last edited by Anne-Marie on 04/29/2013 19:04)

# 22 05-05-2013 09:50
Anne Marie
An article in Absolute Skating http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.ph… latbourzat on Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat, back on the past season,
but they are already working on their new programs!
A great story for free skating, she says …
the short dance will focus on the finnstep (there was the finnstep in compulsory dance in 2009), inspired by the quickstep itself inspired by the foxtrot and influenced by the hi-hat: technically it is fast, precise, with small jumps, throws and hunted, and for the style it is joyful and elegant … this dance was very popular in the 1920s, called “crazy years”, which followed the First World War, and the economy was then expanding! This dance requires a certain virtuosity and we will have to be precise technically and creatively ….

# 23 15-05-2013 20:28
Anne Marie
an interesting article on MENSHOV http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article. … Y = ice_news
in summary:
the 2012-13 season was a roller-coaster ride for him:
– good
silver medalist results at the Nebelhorn Trophy, 4th at Skate America and at the Rostelecom Cup. In December 2012, he won the NRW Trophy in Dortmund, with a total of 238.63 points, ahead of Michal Březina of Czech Republic with more than 25 points, 3rd in the Russian championship …
– but he was excluded from the CE in Zagreb and the CM in London, despite the rules of its federation and petitions including skaters such as Maxim Trankov, Dmitri Soloviev and Alena Leonova.
In April, Menshov participates in the 2013 World Team Trophy. Placed 3rd after the short program, he dislocates his right shoulder program but dislocated his right shoulder during the free skate and had to withdraw from the event. During the free program and declares forfeit.

Menshov has just attended a training camp in Nice, but it was more a question of getting back in touch with the ice, and of recovering rather than training, which he must do until June. His shoulder sometimes hurts him and he still needs medical treatment.
Because of this, he canceled a trip to the USA this week, he had to work on his new programs. Although he has some ideas, he is not yet sure of the musical choices. At the end of June, he went to Latvia and then to Sweden for training.
He thanks those who supported him and feels mentally stronger.

# 24 15-05-2013 20:44
Anne Marie
article on Daisuke TaKaHASHI http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/15/sport… ing-japan /
his sensitivity to music, the atmosphere, his many skates, the costumes that grow him, back on his knee operation in 2011, preparation for 3 years for the Olympics, and in conclusion his ambition for gold, the only medal he did not have
“I don’t have the Olympics gold medal, so I definitely want it. ”

# 25 15-05-2013 21:02
Anne Marie
an article on Patrick Chan http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Sa… story.html
“” Its evolution thanks to the technical help provided by Jeffrey Buttle … who had choreographed the short program for the year past, beforehand it was a gala program.
He considers that being 3 times world champion makes him a gold medalist in perspective, however the bar is high. “”
The most interesting in this article is:
“I try to go at it like I have any other year because the preparation for the Olympics isn’t really done in the last year “. “It’s not really smart to do that.” “The past three years, not the fourth, is the preparation for the Olympics. I’m not trying to squeeze it in the last year.” ”
= the Olympic preparation is not done only on the Olympic season, but the 3 previous years