Categories
Uncategorized

Brian Joubert / C.M Nice 2012-Pronostics et compétition

klamp
CM Nice 2012-Predictions and competition
The predictions are launched!
I hope that all these beautiful champions will get us great performances at the CM especially that I come from far to see all that xD
More seriously, in men, what do you think of the 302.14 points of P.Chan in the championship Canada?
Personally, I am more and more skeptical, as I always said, Chan has excellent qualities but from there to give him a notation worthy of a genius which declassifies (even if it was not the same system ok rating!), monsters like Yagudin, there is really something to be puzzled … Plushi stays really far even with these + or -261 pts at the CE!
Anyone follow the results of Japanese, American?
As I know that Plushi will be absent, it certainly leaves room for the 2nd and 3rd place but what about our French, are they likely ?!

And for the other disciplines, what are your forecasts? ^^

Last edited by klamp (06-02-2012 00:28)

# 2 06-02-2012 10:26
delphine62
Re: CM Nice 2012-Predictions and competition
In Men’s, I’m afraid Chan will take the title, personally he is not a skater that I appreciate … but apparently the judges are not of my opinion.
On the French side, I really hope that being in France will give them wings !! If Brian manages to overcome his stress I think he has his chances, just like Florent. But I think that in this category, the competition will be intense.

In dance, I dream of a title for Fabian and Nathalie, but they will have to fight against the Americans and Canadians, but at worst a podium is really accessible.

As a couple, I follow less apart from the Germans whom I love very much I don’t know many people, but after the EC dominated by the Russians I think that they will also be very present.

In girls, a great stranger to me, I think we will see Kosner and Korpi again, maybe the Georgian girl that I don’t find too bad. Hoping that the French will be there. I think it’s going to be the most open category.

But hey all this is only my personal opinion! 😉

“Joy is the sun of souls, it illuminates the one who possesses it and warms all those who receive the rays”

# 3 02-02-2012 14:04
Marinne
– For men, unless there is a disaster, Chan will win the title. Only Takahashi can worry him. But as Chan can fall 4 times into the program and win, I’m afraid it will be played in advance.

I also think that 3rd place is accessible for a skater who will put 2 quads and 2 axels in the free following a short program without fault: I know that there is one who is able to do it and the judges will be all similarly influenced to be in France… the public will have to put pressure on them! I dare not imagine the atmosphere at the entrance of Brian on the ice! It’s going to be crazy !!

I do not see Amodio competing for a podium: he has never passed a correct quad neither in a court, nor in a free in big championships! … I know that he will be transcended but good …

A lot of people talk about Abbott who is a skater whom I really like, however, I learned that he was injured recently, and we can say that he is very fragile psychologically in big championships…

We still have Gachinski, Kozuka, Fernandez, Hanyu and the Chinese that I saw at TEB and whose name I forgot: they are capable of great technical things.

– In dance, you can’t imagine how I like our 2 Frenchies, their 2 programs are the most beautiful this year without a doubt.

However, I think that technically Davis / White are still above, even if I hate their 2 programs above all this year (whereas I usually like…).

I think Nath and Fab can be second if the Canadian Virtue / Moir make a mistake and they make 2 perfect programs. Beware, however, of the second Candian couple who have a magnificent free on “Je suis Malade” sung by Lara Fabian.

– As a couple, I found Volozozhar / Trankov inside at the European championships compared to the TEB: it will be played between them and the Germans whom I get tired a little… and I have a little crush on the Canadians Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford. Ah, I forgot, there’s the Chinese too!

– For girls, it’s going to be super open! Personally, I prefer Alissa Czisny to Carolina. Do not forget also Ashley Wagner who has just won the US championship and also Mao Asada to whom we wish the best after the personal drama she experienced in December.

Last edited by Marinne (06-02-2012 14:06)

# 4 02-02-2012 15:11
jiped-33
Hi everyone !!

Totally agree with what has been said previously. With 5 falls in the free and 2 on the court, Chan will win anyway. So not even a debate on the winner, it will be Chan who is on the planet “I have the judges in my pocket because I am very light on the ice and that even if I fall they do not care the judges hahaha” .
When I think this guy dislodges Yagudin in terms of rating, it is to hang himself.

Second place for Takahashi a priori, it is “for me” the best skater in the world for 2 years, I find him superior to Chan on all points except maybe the use of all the edges on the step sequences. And again it is to quibble.

And for the Bronze, bah there on the other hand it is the complete stampede even if Gachinski is surely the best placed.
I wish the best for Brian and Florent, even if I don’t believe it at all. I just hope that Brian will make us a very big Matrix worthy of 2004 with 2 quads. All I ask him is to have fun, not to take the lead, because it may be his last competition. So let’s go deep, have fun like never before. But do not expect a podium, its levels in pirouettes and not are too low I fear. I don’t care if Brian ends up on the podium, what I want is for him to let go. He has nothing to prove to anyone.

For the dance, I would be completely behind Péchalat Bourzat because their freedom is just an absolute slaughter. And I weigh my words. They have an incredible level and they can win a podium with this Egyptian theme.

Last edited by jipé-33 (06-02-2012 15:12)

# 5 02-02-2012 15:46
Marinne
Thank you for your opinion Jipé, you see them in which places Brian and Florent then?

I totally agree with you that Brian has nothing left to prove and that it will be very difficult for him. But hey … I also want him to make us a beautiful Matrix, clean and with envy and fighting spirit … that’s what will make everyone happy …
And, I’m just saying that the pressure will be difficult to manage for all French skaters!

Definitely, we are all of the same opinion concerning Chan… You saw him skating live? Apart from the lightness, and even if technically it is good (capable of putting 2 quads in the free), for the rest, and well, we are pissed off … I fear that it does not mark the public … no charisma …

# 6 02-02-2012 18:44
Lothi
good then …

in the men, the podium of which I dream:
Brian
Abbott
Takahashi

The podium which I predict:
Chan
and after, 3 for two places: Abbott, Takahashi, Kozuka

I hope to see Brian and Florent in the 10 – all the two somewhere between 5 and 8 … I find the level very homogeneous, in men; Chan is a step up for the judges; after … Abbott, Takahashi, Kozuka, Gachinski (who has for him his bronze medal from last year and his silver medal at the EC), Brian, Florent, Fernandez, Verner, I am sure I will forget … The first 4 cities are more “safe” than the next 4, but in absolute terms, they are held in a handkerchief.

in dance, I hope and believe in a third place (at least) for Péchalat and Bourzat, behind Virtue-Moir and White-Davies.

As girls and as couples, I haven’t been around for a long time … I tell myself that as a couple, a place in the 10 is not impossible for James-Cipres?

# 7 06-02-2012 19:20
jiped-33
MARINNE WROTE:
Thank you for your opinion Jipé, you see them in which places Brian and Florent then?

I totally agree with you that Brian has nothing left to prove and that it will be very difficult for him. But hey … I also want him to make us a beautiful Matrix, clean and with envy and fighting spirit … that’s what will make everyone happy …
And, I’m just saying that the pressure will be difficult to manage for all French skaters!

Definitely, we are all of the same opinion concerning Chan… You saw him skating live? Apart from the lightness, and even if technically it is good (capable of putting 2 quads in the free), for the rest, and well, we are pissed off … I fear that it does not mark the public … no charisma …

Well personally, I see Brian around 8-10 and Florent between 5th and 7th place.
Inherently, it’s wonderful to have 2 French skaters in the top 10, but the problem for us who support them is that they are closer to 10 than to the podium for me.

Afterwards, if some people mess up and make mistakes, then anything goes. But frankly, it’s impossible to imagine Brian on the podium with his current level of steps and pirouettes. Now imagine that he gives us the same program as in 2006 in Vancouver, he may have a (slim) chance of winning the Bronze. But besides Chan, you have to know how to be fairplay and recognize that with respect to the new system of judgment, our Brian is far from Takahashi, Gachinski, Abbot,
There is only one skill in component on which Brian is the best in the world: the charisma-presence on ice.

Then I don’t want to believe in a podium because I know that 90% would be disappointed. I’m just waiting for a free fire program in front of the French public with 2 quads, 2 triple axels and Brian will be able to stop his career by the very large door, even by finishing 8th. I just want a program without pressure and no headache.

# 8 06-02-2012 21:38
Lothi
Brian is not inferior to Gachinski in absolute terms. Gachinski has progressed, certainly, but he still has a job to make his programs successful in terms of transitions in particular.
In the CE, Brian is tied with him in components, while we know that the component score is “inflated” by the technical quality of the program, on which Brian was far from Gachinski. I said earlier that I think this note has become the “judges’ adjustment variable”, on which they do a little what they want; I think Brian was a bit nicknamed on this one (but clearly less ridiculous than Plushenko big_smile) but honestly, I can’t find a Brian in good shape behind Gachinski on this plan (behind all the others you mention, yes ).

# 9 06-02-2012 22:36
jiped-33
LOTHI WROTE:
Brian is not inferior to Gachinski in absolute terms. Gachinski has progressed, certainly, but he still has a job to make his programs successful in terms of transitions in particular.
In the CE, Brian is tied with him in components, while we know that the component score is “inflated” by the technical quality of the program, on which Brian was far from Gachinski. I said earlier that I think this note has become the “judges’ adjustment variable”, on which they do a little what they want; I think Brian was a bit nicknamed on this one (but clearly less ridiculous than Plushenko big_smile) but honestly, I can’t find a Brian in good shape behind Gachinski on this plan (behind all the others you mention, yes ).

I agree that for Gachinski I may have pushed the plug a bit far 🙂
But despite everything, he has a mastery of jump combinations that Brian does not have. In terms of components, I do not find that Brian was nicknamed. Its Matrix version 2012 is really good in terms of transitions, it is the steps and pirouettes that are lagging behind.

But for at least 2 years, where Brian picks up, it’s often in technique. He makes almost no combination, he loses a considerable number of points. He does for example 2 triple flip on his free … and the last without combination which is reclassified as double.
For me Gachinski is superior to Brian especially from this point of view. After on the components, I still see Brian a little above but he is too far in technique.

Last edited by jipé-33 (06-02-2012 22:37)

# 10 07-02-2012 09:25
Lothi
technically, it is clear that Brian now has a problem in competition.
Combinations is clearly his weak point, yes.

when you think of what he can do, it hurts your heart.

# 11 07-02-2012 16:37
Marinne
Finally, last year, he still forced himself on the combination level in both the free world of Europe and that of the Worlds …

# 12 07-02-2012 21:02
Lothi
yes, but precisely, he forces himself, on the combinations, and when something goes wrong, they are the ones who jump (they are planned in his Matrix 2012, he nevertheless did not spend one in the free of the CE).

In absolute terms, ie regardless of his nerves, Brian has the build to be world champion. In practice, it would be a huge achievement this year, a true resurrection. Nothing is impossible ; but undeniably, it’s hard to seriously and objectively believe in your chances – but I assumed that I dream of it, huh, so I keep dreaming of itbig_smile If only because Brian taps me in front of my TV like Chan will never do, even when he passes two quads (because we can say what we want of Chan, does not prevent that the technical effort it did it, it’s not like when he boasted that the quad was useless …).

# 13 08-02-2012 08:39
Marinne
I totally agree with you Lothi. In any case, if he goes there, he must know that we keep encouraging him!

Last edited by Marinne (08-02-2012 08:39)

# 14 08-02-2012 11:23
Lothi
Of course
I support him completely, it is really the skater who fascinates me the most when he skates well. and even when it is just average, it has so much presence that it is a pleasure to watch it.
if he’s on the podium, i bet i crybig_smile

# 15 09-02-2012 10:10
Marinne
Here is the French selection for the Worlds, no surprise. I would have preferred to see Maé Bérénice instead of little Yretha, but for once, the federation respected the selection path …

http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/doc… E_2012.pdf

# 16 10-02-2012 09:18
Marinne
To see a bit of the strengths for Nice, here is the result of the short program of the 4 Continents:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc201… Scores.pdf ATV

attempts, but many errors

# 17 02-02-2012 11:17
Lothi
Chan wins the 4 continents with 30 points ahead of Takahashi.
Unless he breaks a leg by then, I don’t see how he can lose CM.

# 18 02-02-2012 16:43
jiped-33
LOTHI WROTE:
Chan wins the 4 continents with 30 points ahead of Takahashi.
Unless he breaks a leg by then, I don’t see how he can lose CM.

In fact you should know that even with a broken leg Chan can win. He may even win without making a jump but by aligning the sequences of steps and pirouettes.

30 pts between him and Takahashi? I’m seriously losing patience with the judges myself. As if the judges’ message was as follows: “No one can beat chan by the time of the Sochi Olympics. You can participate but you will lose. Thank you”.

No but do you realize what it is 30 pts? It’s 2 Quad Triple combinations. The type has 2 quads ahead + 2 triple jumps. It’s just IMPOSSIBLE and UNSUPPORTABLE.
I believe that even if it was forfeited for the World Championships in Nice, the judges would put it ahead.

# 19 02-02-2012 12:22
delphine62
It is really unbearable this attitude of the judges … and is not very discreet especially there is not such a difference in level between Chan and the others, well I think, it really spoils the competitions in which he participates . But what can we do apart from watching and seeing the judges’ “love” for this skater …

“Joy is the sun of souls, it illuminates the one who possesses it and warms all those who receive the rays”

# 20 02-14-2012 00:59
Vincent
Hi everyone !

What did poor Patrick Chan do to you? Well, it’s true that he has the judges in his pocket, but since he speaks French everything is fine … it’s as if he were French (that’s all I found for perspective sad)

Otherwise, to comfort you, I suggest you watch sublissime Ashley Wagner by going to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfuSEHn4cc

(there are times when it makes me think of Dorothy from Club Dorothée … it must be his mouth actually)

She exploded the other competitors with this wonderful program which she will present in Nice. Chic! She is much better than Kostner this season (Kostner no longer passes the Lutz and is struggling to place his only Flip in his free). What a Shaaame! When you know that the Italian is able to put two Flip, including a combined with a triple loop stitched in a program (see his free from 2007 to “Europeans”), that makes a little trouble.

For Mao Asada, I’m afraid it will be a little cooked cooked for her at the end of the season, although … you never know.

In dance, it will be played between Virtue-Moir and Davis-White … as usual. The French will be in ambush.

For men, well, the competition is more open than ever. I have never seen such a level in a long time. There are records that will fall, that’s for sure. Apart from Chan, who will win gold, a dozen competitors will play a place on the podium; and they are ALL capable of it: Takahashi (I hate his program), Hanyu, Gashinski (good in technique but in art it’s chhh …), Abbott, Fernandez. Without forgetting the outsiders who will seize all the opportunities: Rippon (triple Lutz with arms raised smile), Amodio (I dare believe it), Reynolds (capable of great things) and the Chinese Song. And Brian Joubert (of course).

Voila, voila.

Go, I leave you.

@ soon !

Last edited by Vincent (02-14-2012, 01:02 AM)

Quite Nelson!

# 21 02-02-2012 08:36
Anne Marie
Wagner has qualities: technique, body holding, flexibility (pirouettes), but his program leaves me frozen as he is banal in his gestures, but we can blame most skaters. The only choreographies worthy of this word and which seduce me are those of Kostner. It was the same with Rochette and Kim. There was a time when I also enjoyed those of Asada (under the leadership of Tarasova).
I will therefore only be in Nice for couples, men and dancing.
Chan has a general technique accomplished. He had been criticized for not going quad, he does it almost regularly. You can’t describe it. Its short program is attractive. But that does not justify such a gap with Takahashi, Fernandez etc. Gachinski’s free skateboarding program made me much more, it was dense and there were a few stylistic discoveries. For me he was superior to Plushenko, who we nicknamed until he did better, and that so that he could stay on the competition sphere until Sochi.

# 22 03-22-2012 10:17 PM
Helene

Message from Tadzia (who has problems coming back to the forum)

I had bought tickets for the Friday afternoon (men’s short programs) and Saturday afternoon (men’s free programs) events, but I have an unforeseen event (oral test at university on Friday afternoon, I am a little disgusted …) which prevents me from attending the short programs. So I want to sell my ticket, because it would bother me a lot if my place is lost. My ticket is a 2nd category ticket, bought at 63.50 euros. I sell it for 50 euros, but it can be negotiable. The place is: South grandstand, staircase 24, row Z, place 18. It’s an e-ticket, it’s downloaded on my computer but not yet printed. If you are interested or if you know people who may be interested, do not hesitate, I would really like it to benefit someone rather than
Thank you in advance !

For the modalities, contact me by MP (Hélène) and I forward …

The situation is hopeless but not serious. (Robert Capa)

# 23 03-23-2012 17:49
Maïlys
Hello !
I apologize in advance for the futility of my msg !!
I’m going to see the long man program in Nice; I love skating but I mostly had the opportunity to watch it on TV. And so my question is is it necessary to dress warmly? I do not intend to arrive in shorts and tank top but I would like to avoid freezing or avoid getting too hot.
Here, thank you for your answers and dsl pr this msg which makes spot !! ^^

# 24 24-03-2012 00:30
klamp
I do not know what to answer, having already skated a little, on the ice it is a bit cold, although it remains relative, in the ice (bleachers), it remains very bearable … I think a coat of ‘standard thickness should be enough but hey not bother to take one that weighs 10 T either, already in Nice it is not super cold at the moment ^^
I tell you that but my opinion is to be put into perspective, coming from the dom for l ‘event, I am thinking of putting on a coat because I have lost the habit of winter temperatures for more than two years’ ^^ On the

other hand I ask myself a question: photographing during exhibitions must be prohibited, flashes destabilizing as in tennis, but how do they control it then? Because the public takes many photos at the end of the programs? Too bad I don’t

Has anyone had any feedback on Brian or Amodio’s training? (I know that Brian took a trainer in pairs with V. Guyon …)
And on the other skaters?

Last edited by klamp (03-24-2012, 12:37 AM)

# 25 24-03-2012 00:47
elisina

Hi all!
I always read you but I still have little time to write to you.
Tonight I saw all the short and long brian programs from those of Calgary 2006 to those of Moscow 2011 … Conclusion?
I saw on his eyes the progressive loss of the “rage to gain” and unfortunately a certain technical regression (less combinations of jumps, sequences of not very corehogaphès compared to the past ..).
It is very sad for me to see a winner, an atlet with a fiery personality like him, making continuous contrasts in recent years.
Honestly I hardly see Brian on the podium in these WCs, even if the fact that he won the competition in Holland two weeks ago must be for him (and for us toosmile) a good injection of confidence (excuse me, I don’t know if in French this phrase exists, I hope you will understand me smile).
In any case, even if I do not seem optimistic, I hope in the bottom of my heart that he made two programs “fire of God” (I read this phrase here and I loved it smile), and that he shows us, the judges, and especially himself that he is still capable of having fun and making us dream.
GO BRIAN! DON’T FORGET WHAT YOU ARE!
big kisses to all.

PS: if I made mistakes excuse metongue

Last edited by elisina (03-24-2012, 09:54 AM)

what is essential is invisible to the eye…